Merton Park Studios was a British film production studio at 269 Kingston Road, in South Wimbledon, London. In the 1940s, it was owned by the Film Producers Guild. They made "B" movies and second features. It opened in 1930, and for a time was home to Radio Luxembourg. Unlike many other studios, they remained open during World War II, producing films for the Ministry of Information. Merton Park had 2 small sound stages, and it was easy to miss as it looked like a part of the residential neighborhood. It closed in 1967

Stan's memories of working at the studio are detailed here

Images of the old Merton Park Studios (as taken from the Edgar Wallace film "The Partner")

  • Merton Park Studios Merton Park Studios Merton Park Studios